Marumi FIT+SLIM Circular PL/
The Marumi FIT+SLIM Circular Polarizer is especially well-suited to whom coating is not mandatory.
- Both hue reproducibility and high saturation color reproducibility are achievable simultaneously.
- While color neutrality is given priority, the transmittance rate remains approx 30%. (400-700nm average)
- Realized a thin aluminum frame to avoid vignetting even with a wide-angle lens
- Lightweight and rotating mount structure
- Made in Japan, indurated lamination technology by decades of technical succession.
A polarizing filter allows you to;
- control reflections from non-metallic objects; the surface of water, window, or glossy coating/painting.
- prevent and reduce glare, still however, allow plenty of light through. It also makes subjects underwater transparent.
- Enhance color saturation and contrast, especially under a scene of deep blue sky, vivid white clouds, spring greenery, or autumn color of leaves.
Have you ever experienced, when taking landscape photography, ending up with a little different color from the actual landscape you have seen? The sky must have been more vivid and bluish in your eyes.
A polarizing filter can properly contrast the crystal blue sky and the white clouds.
Many photographers predominantly carry a polarizing filter, particularly for landscape photography next step after Lens Protector/UV filter in terms of protection, for some reason.
The effects of polarizers cannot be easily mimicked with digital editing. Carrying a polarizer makes your image more vivid and clear, turning the actual landscape you've seen into your picture.
The two images below obviously show the difference of impact with/without polarizing effect in contrast.
Photographers should keep in mind that a polarising filter will reduce a certain amount of light passing through the camera body in exchange for giving a polarizing effect. Therefore, it is better not to use a polarizer under poor light conditions. It is also better to consider attaching a High Transmittance Circular Polarizer (HTC) that is equivalent close to one F-stop while other conventional polarizers are equivalent to 1.5 stops.
In post-production, the Polarizing effect cannot be reproduced because they change the light entering your lens Those are the reason why the Polarizing filter is a must-have filter.
- Category: Screw-in
- Model: Marumi FIT+SLIM Circular PL
- Brand: FIT+SLIM
- Type: Polarizer
- Available Sizes (mm): 37, 40.5, 43, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77, 82
- Filter factor: 3.3x
- F-stop reduction: 1.7
- Transmittance(Average): 30%
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Frame structure: Rotating
- Frame structure: Thin frame
- Frame structure: Satin finish
- Frame structure: Lens cap attachable