Tokina Objektiv FiRIN 20mm F2 FE MF Mount: Sony E
FíRIN is a variation of Fírinne, the Old Irish word for "truth", which was coined during the Gaelic Revival in the late 19th Century. It means, "that which is real". It signifies "being true to someone or something". And it represents a promise from Tokina to photographers to help them capture the truth in their images with this revolutionary new lens.
With FíRIN, photographers can shoot with confidence, knowing that every image captured with their mirrorless cameras will be its own moment of truth.
- A Full-Frame, super wideangle lens that performs with perfect compatibility in terms of design and form factor when attached to a Sony ?7 series body.
- The optical system adopts aspherical lens elements in the best positions in the optical design to reduce any type of aberration to a minimum in addition to 3 lenses molded from Super-low Dispersion glass that significantly reduces lateral chromatic aberrations.
- The FíRIN lens has the ability to transmit aperture, distance and optical information to the camera making this lens fully suitable for the Sony ?7 series camera's MF assist function, in-cameras 5 axis image stabilizations and in viewfinder electronic distance scale.
- A design devoted to manual shooting and cinema enthusiast that includes a wide manual focus ring, aperture ring and depth of field index bar.
- De-Click Aperture function suitable for cinema/video shooting.
- Luxurious use of high-precision Japanese-made metal parts and mechanisms.
The FíRIN 20mm F2 FE MF lens is a compact form-factor super wide angle manual prime lens compatible with full-frame E-mount Sony mirrorless cameras.
By adopting two all-glass precision molded aspherical elements and 3 Super-low Dispersion (SD) glass lens elements we succeeded in greatly reducing aberrations yielding images higher resolution and contrast. This optical design demonstrates Tokina's decades of experience and traditions of excellence as an optics manufacturer merged with the application of new technologies.
Anti-reflective coatings play an important role in the optical performance of the lens. In addition to the fact that all glass elements of the FíRIN 20mm F2 FE MF are multi-coated, considerable work has been done with the rear convex surfaces of the large G1 element. This element was very difficult to coat due to its complex shape. The Coatings are even on the contacting surfaces of the element combinations G6- G7 and G10-G11. All these small measures add up to reduce reflections and flare to an absolute minimum while increasing sharpness and contrast.
Tokina Fi´RIN 20mm F2 FE MFBeing a fully manual lens with a large focus ring, aperture ring and depth of field index bar, the ability to simultaneously transfer distance and aperture status to the camera give you full advantage to use the latest features of the ?7 series such as 5-axis image stabilization, MF assist and the electronic distance scale.
You can get the advantage of both strengths: excellent optical properties of the lens and outstanding camera image processing power.
Exterior & usability
Carefully crafted high quality finishes and precisely engineered and manufactured metal parts give this lens the feel and performance of a premium optic. Attention to detail, finely machined and finished component, superb optical design and balanced ergonomics yield a lens that is as easy to use and good looking as the images it creates. Manual focus allows prefocus technique snapshots to be taken with easy using the advantage of the deep depth of field of this super-wide angle lens or open up to f/2 to enjoy beautiful bokeh.
FíRIN is not only for photography. With a press of the De-Click button on the aperture ring the lens declicks the aperture mechanism making it suitable for cinema/video use.
In The Box
- Front Lens Cap
- Instructions Manual
- Lens Hood
- Rear Lens Cap
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Model: FíRIN 20mm F2 FE MF
- Model Description: Tokina Fi´RIN 20mm F2 FE MF
- Series: FiRIN
- Type: Wide Prime
- Sensor Size: Full Frame
- Mount: Sony E
- Color: Black
- Country of Origin: Japan
- Focal Length: 20mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/2
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Manual Aperture Ring: Yes
- Aperture De-Click: Yes
- Angle of View: 92°40'
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 0.28m
- Macro Ratio: 1 : 10.29
- Focusing Mode: Manual
- Manual Focusing Ring: Yes
- Focusing Type: Internal Focus
- Filter Size: 62mm
- Coating: Multi-coating
- Construction E/G: 13 Elements in 11 Groups
- Aperture Blades: 9
- Lens Hood: BH-622 (square, bayonet type)
- Electrical Contacts: Yes
- Dimensions: 69x82 mm
- Weight: 490g