SIGMA AF 50mm f/1.4 DG DN ART / Sony-E
The new standard for artistic expression
Delivering sophisticated optical performance and high-speed autofocus, this Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens is designed for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Its 50mm focal length is ideally suited for portraiture, landscapes, and all-purpose shooting and provides a bright f/1.4 maximum aperture for shallow depth of field control. Based on the latest optical design technology, the lens incorporates 14 elements in 11 groups, with three aspherical lenses and one SLD glass element. The lens effectively suppresses various aberrations such as astigmatism and field curvature, which cannot be corrected in-camera. Additionally, the lens offers fast and quiet focusing and excellent tracking performance allowing the lens to be used in a variety of situations including shooting in dark places, shooting moving subjects, and video.
- Prime standard-length lens designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however, can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture offers control over depth of field and suits working in low-light conditions.
- Newly designed HLA (High-response Linear Actuator) focusing motor provides unprecedented high-speed, high-precision, and quiet AF.
- Based on the latest optical design technology, the lens incorporates 14 elements in 11 groups, with 3 aspherical lenses and 1 SLD glass element. The lens effectively suppresses various aberrations such as astigmatism and field curvature, which cannot be corrected in-camera.
- Equipped with a focus mode switch, an aperture ring click switch, an aperture ring lock switch to prevent unintended operation, and an AFL button to assign any function from the camera.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Front lens element has been treated with a water- and oil-repellent coating to benefit working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Dust and splash-resistant construction with a brass bayonet mount for ensured accuracy and durability.
The "Art F1.4" standard with uncompromising optical performance
Based on the latest optical design technology, the lens incorporates 14 elements in 11 groups, with 3 aspherical lenses and 1 SLD glass element. The lens effectively suppresses various aberrations such as astigmatism and field curvature, which cannot be corrected in-camera. Despite the large aperture of F1.4, the image formation performance on the periphery of the image has been pursued and sagittal coma flare has been minimized to the extent that the lens can withstand even challenging star and night scenes, with demanding severe point light source imaging, from wide open. In addition to clear image quality with no color blur throughout the entire image circle, the large, natural bokeh beauty of F1.4 can be fully utilized in photography.
High-speed AF for nimble and comfortable shooting
The SIGMA 50mm F1.4 DG DN | Art is the first in the Art line exclusively designed for full-frame mirrorless cameras to adopt the “HLA” linear motor (High-response Linear Actuator) . In addition, by using a single double-sided aspheric lens as the focus element, the lens offers fast and quiet focusing and high tracking performance despite its large aperture. With a maximum aperture of 1.4 and a high-performance AF system, the lens can be used in a variety of situations, including shooting in dark places, shooting moving subjects, snapshots, and even video.
High performance, yet slim and compact
The development of the SIGMA 50mm F1.4 DG DN | Art was focused on slimming down the lens barrel by reducing the weight of a focus lens and optimizing the lens unit layout, to pursue the “optimum size” for mirrorless systems without compromising the “maximum emphasis on optical performance” concept of SIGMA’s Art line. This lens has succeeded in achieving both top-class performance, and the size required for a light and mobile photographic tool.
Full range of functions and high build quality
The lens barrel is equipped with a Focus Mode switch, an Aperture ring click switch to turn the click on and off, an Aperture ring lock switch to prevent unintended operation, and an AFL button to assign any function from the camera. These features are designed for intuitive operation during shooting.
Dust and Splash Resistant Structure for security in various shooting situations
The lens is equipped with a dust and splash resistant structure, and the front element of the lens is applied with a water and oil repellent coating, making it suitable for a wide range of shooting environments. The lens is compact, lightweight, and easy to use, while at the same time ensuring high build quality assured by the Aizu factory’s reliable processing technology of “Made in Japan”.
- Lens Construction: 11 groups, 14 elements
- Angle of View: 46.8°
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 11 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum Aperture: F16
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 45cm / 17.8in.
- Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:6.8
- Filter size: φ72mm
- Dimensions (Diameter × Length):
- L-Mount: φ78.2mm × 109.5mm / φ3.1in. x 4.3in.
- Sony E-Mount: φ78.2mm × 111.5mm / φ3.1in. × 4.4in.
- L-Mount: 670g / 23.6oz.
- Sony E-Mount: 660g / 23.3oz.
In The Box
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens (Sony E)
- Sigma Lens Hood for 50mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens
- Sigma LCF-72 III 72mm Lens Cap
- Sigma LCR II Rear Lens Cap for Sony E
- Lens Case
- Limited 4-Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Full-Frame | f/1.4 to f/16
- Fast Compact Prime
- HLA Linear Focusing Motor
- Aspherical & SLD Glass Elements
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
- Dust & Splash-Resistant Design