With a focal length range of 30-300mm, the 10x cinema zoom lens is designed to cover the longer end of the focal lengths typically required by cinematic productions, and its maximum telephoto length of 300mm puts it among the best in its class. (The other zoom lens in the line, the CN-E 14.5-60mm T2.6 L SP, covers the wider end.) Maximum aperture is a relatively fast T2.95 throughout much of its range, and the 11-blade iris enables a smooth bokeh for out-of-focus areas of the frame.
The lens was designed with working professionals in mind, with easy-to-read focus, zoom, and iris markings engraved into angled surfaces on both sides of the lens, so you can read the setting from either side of a camera – or from behind it. Depending on the production's needs, focus markings can be switched from standard to metric. The lens facilitates manual operation that's subtle, smooth, precise, and repeatable. Control rings are designed to provide and maintain the proper amount of resistance so you can operate with a consistent torque. The focus rotation angle is about 300°; for zoom, it's approximately 160°.
The CN-E 30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L SP lens complements the other lens in the line in more ways than just focal length range: Their shared 136mm front diameter, gear positions, and rotation angle make them almost "hot-swappable" when they're used with a shared matte box or follow focus.
- Canon CN-E 30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L SP PL Mount Cinema Zoom Lens
- Focal Length: 30 - 300mm
- Lens Mount: ARRI PL
- Format: Super 35/APS-C
- Image Circle: Not specified by manufacturer
- Maximum T-Stop: T2.95 - 3.7
- Minimum T-Stop: Not specified by manufacturer
- Diagonal Angle of View: Super 35: 51.6 - 5.4°
- Minimum Focus Distance from Image Plane: 5'; / 1.5 m
- Elements/Groups: Not specified by manufacturer
- Iris Blades: 11
- Front Diameter: 136 mm
- Filter Thread: Not specified by manufacturer
- Focus Scales: Not specified by manufacturer
- Zoom Ratio: 10x
- Electronic Communication: Not specified by manufacturer
- Tripod Mounting Thread: Not specified by manufacturer
- Dimensions (W x H): 5.67 x 6.58" / 144.0 x 167.1 mm
- Length: 13.47" / 342.1 mm
- Weight: 12.79 lbs / 5.8 kg